Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Carbodote Oral Suspension is the ‘Grab and Go’ activated charcoal
- Ready to use formulation
- Stable homogenous solution
- 20% solution to minimise sedimentation
- Formulated specifically for dogs and cats
- Small manageable bottles of 100ml
- 1 bottle per 20kg as an aid to the management of poisoning
- Can be used in feeding tubes
- Can be used in diabetics (saccharose free)
Carbodote Oral suspension and base of active charcoal, to be used in the event of ingestion of undesired substances and also in case of intestinal disorders. Property Activated carbon has a strong adsorbent and non-specific power towards a great variety of elements and potentially toxic compounds (medicines, foods, plants) or that cause intestinal disorders (gas, bacteria). It is not absorbed by the digestive mucosa after oral administration. In this way, it covers the entire digestive system and adsorbs unwanted substances, thus avoiding their passage through the blood.
Vegetable carbon (24 g per 100 ml), glycerol; technological additives: preservative. 11.7% <1% 59.3%
Analytical components related tenors
Crude protein <1% Oils and grass prices <1% Raw cellulose Raw ashes Humidity
Directions for Use
- For oral use.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Administer orally, directly into the mouth or via a feeding tube – at a rate of 5ml/kg (1 bottle per 20kg).
- Unless the product is entero-hepatically recycled, a single dose should suffice, preferably with a cathartic (a cathartic will decrease gut transit time).
- If the product is entero-hepatically recycled, then repeat the activated charcoal every 4-6 hours for at least 24 hours (only give a cathartic with the initial dose of activated charcoal).
Intestinal disorders : oral administration of 0.5 ml of Carbodote per kg, morning and evening until resolution. The veterinarian may decide to adopt the proposed instructions for use. Follow his recommendations carefully. Give the product away from meals and oral treatments (about 3 hours).
The product gives the stool a blackish color.
The product can stain fabrics.
Keep out of reach of children.
Read the package leaflet carefully.
Store at room temperature.
Shelf life after opening:
100 ml bottle