Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Coatex EFA Skin and Coat Supplement
All animals require optimum nutrition to maintain good health. For some cats and dogs in certain situations, this can’t always be provided through their diet and needs to be supplemented through nutrients. One such group of nutrients are the Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs).
COATEX EFA skin and coat supplement contains a blend of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs. The levels are specifically designed to maintain skin and coat health in dogs and cats.
Signs of Poor Coat Health
There are many signs of potential skin and coat problems, some of which may lead to skin complaints. The main ones to look out for are:
- Hair loss
- Dull coat
- Dry or reddened skin
- Scaly or flaky skin
- Poor hair growth
- Repeated skin problems
Coatex EFA comes in either a gel capsule or a liquid pump, to suit the needs of owner and pet. Both can be given alone or mixed in with food.
|Under 10kg||1 Pump/Capsule|
|10 – 19kg||2 Pumps/Capsules|
|20 – 29kg||3 Pumps/Capsules|
|Over 30kg||4 Pumps/Capsules|
Coatex EFA contains a proven blend of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs. The levels are specifically designed to help health in dogs and cats, and provide a better blend of ingredients than using a single EFA source such as evening primrose oil.
- Linoleic acid (LA) – an omega 6 that is particularly useful in maintaining optimal skin turnover and barrier function
- Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) – an omega 6 that is not very widely available but is very useful in maintaining healthy skin
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) – an omega 3 that is known to help with the many bodily functions
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – an omega 3 known to support various actions in the body and skin
- Vitamin E – a potent antioxidant
- Vitamin A – a lipid soluble vitamin that helps to maintain healthy skin and coat
- Vitamin D – a lipid soluble vitamin that aids skin turnover
Coatex EFA products are manufactured in Lytham, Lancashire to GMP Standard.