Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Meloxidyl 1.5mg/ml Oral Suspension is used to relieve inflammation and pain in dogs. Meloxidyl can be used for chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal disorders, and acute (sudden and short-lived) musculoskeletal disorders, for instance, due to injury.
It is also used for the reduction of post-operative pain and inflammation after soft tissue surgery.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
- Oral use.
- Shake well before use.
- To be administered mixed with food.
- Initial treatment is a single dose of 0.2 mg meloxicam/kg body weight on the first day. Treatment is to be continued once daily by oral administration (at 24-hour intervals) at a maintenance dose of 0.1 mg meloxicam/kg body weight.
- Particular care should be taken with regard to the accuracy of dosing. The suspension can be given using the measuring syringes provided in the package. The syringe fits onto the bottle and has a kg-body weight scale which corresponds to the maintenance dose (i.e. 0.1 mg meloxicam/kg body weight). Thus, for the first day, twice the maintenance volume will be required. The suspension could be administered using the smallest syringe for dogs less than 7 kg body weight (one graduation corresponding to 0.5 kg of body weight) or the largest syringe for dogs over 7 kg body weight (one graduation corresponding to 2.5 kg of body weight).
- A clinical response is normally seen within 3 – 4 days. Treatment should be discontinued after 10 days at the latest if no clinical improvement is apparent.
- Avoid introduction of contamination during use.
- Do not use in pregnant or lactating animals.
- Do not use in animals suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as irritation and haemorrhage, impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function and haemorrhagic disorders, or where there is evidence of individual hypersensitivity to the product.
- Do not use in dogs less than 6 weeks of age.