Noroclav tablets for dogs and cats are used for the treatment of the following infections caused by b lactamase producing strains of bacteria sensitive to amoxicillin in combination with clavulanic acid:
•Skin infections (including superficial and deep pyodermas) caused by susceptible Staphylococci.
•Urinary tract infections caused by susceptible Staphylococci or Escherichia coli.
•Respiratory infections caused by susceptible Staphylococci.
•Enteritis caused by susceptible Escherichia coli.
It is recommended to carry out suitable tests for sensitivity testing when initiating the treatment. The treatment should only proceed if sensitivity is proven to the combination.
- Do not use in animals with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or other substances of the beta-lactam group.
- Do not use in rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters or gerbils.
- Do not use in animals with serious dysfunction of the kidneys accompanied by anuria and oliguria.
- Do not use where resistance to this combination is known to occur.
- Do not administer to horses and ruminating animals.
Noroclav are palatable beef flavoured tablets.