Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Zylexis Injection for Horses
Zylexis is the first product in the UK which has been licensed as an immunmodulator for horses. Zylexis contains an inactivated virus which is unable to cause infection but acts as a super-antigen to boost the horse’s immune system. It has been shown to reduce the effects of respiratory disease and improve performance.
Zylexis is provided in a pack of 5 injections (just 2mls each). It is advised to be used at times of stress or crowding. The recommended treatment course is one injection initially, another 2 days later and a final injection 1 week after that. Zylexis should be stored in the fridge and will be sent out in a cold pack.
Zylexis contains inactivated Parapoxvirus ovis. It comes in 5 vials to be reconstituted.
Directions for Use:
- The course of 3 injections are given intra-muscularly;
- horses should be given the first injection (day 0),
- then 48 hours later (day 2), given the second injection,
- then 7 days after that (day 9), given the third injection.
- Zylexis can be used in horses from 10 months of age onwards.
Zylexis should be stored in a refrigerator, between 2 – 8°C & protected from light.
Warnings & Contraindication-
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C) & protect from light.
- Zylexis should not be used as a treatment in horses with chronic diseases of unclear causality.
- Use the entire contents of each vial as one dose, regardless of size of the animal.
- Pregnancy & Lactation- Seek advice from your vet
****This product is sourced in the United Kingdom and is intended for use in the United Kindgom only.****