Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Adaptil Calm Collar for Dogs
Easy to use and convenient, the adaptil collar releases dog-appeasing pheromones constantly, even when the dog is outside, to keep it calm and relaxed in all environments. The dog’s body temperature and close contact warm the collar and encourages the diffusion of pheromones into the local environment. It is essential the collar is in close contact with the dog’s skin at all times.
These collars are ideal for puppy socialisation, travelling, kennelling, training, loud noises, and while staying at home alone. The Adaptil collar is available in two adjustable sizes: puppy/small dogs (fits neck up to 37.5cm) and medium/large dogs (fits neck up to 62.5cm).
Each collar lasts up to four weeks and can be replaced as required.
How do I fit an ADAPTIL collar?
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated in the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop pull the thin plastic to uncoil the collar
- Fasten the collar
- Place over your dog’s head to tie loosely around the neck
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin
- You should be able to place no more than two fingers between collar and dog’s skin
- Ensure the collar is fixed inside the buckle
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
Note regarding puppies: as the puppy grows, it’s important to regularly adjust the fit of the collar to make sure it’s not too tight.
The Adaptil Calm Collar is proven to work on all breeds of dog, as long as it is fitted correctly.
The appeasing pheromone is released almost immediately, However, it is worth noting that the collar will not work when it is wet but diffuses again as soon as it’s dry.
If your dog wears another collar, it is important to ensure the collar stays in contact with the skin. Please note it cannot be used to attach a leash.
Do not use the collar on dogs with extensive skin lesions.
Do not open the protective pouch until the product is ready for use.