Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Itrafungol is used to treat ringworm (a fungal infection of the skin usually causing scaling and hair loss).
It is supplied as a liquid to be given directly into the back of the mouth using the syringe provided.
Dose and Administration
- Accurate dosing is possible as long as the cat has been weighed first.
- A dose is given once daily for 7 days.
- This treatment is then repeated on alternate weeks so that treatment is given on week1, week 3 and week 5.
- No treatment is given on week 2 or week 4.
- Ideally medication is given on an empty stomach to improve absorption.
Ringworm produces spores which can persist in the environment for 18 months, so it is important to sterilise grooming equipment and bedding as much as possible. Ringworm can sometimes affect humans too, so operators should wear gloves and wash hands after handling infected cats. Clipping the hair on cats improves the chances of successful treatment.