Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Atopica is used to relieve the intense itching seen in dogs and cats suffering from atopic dermatis or atopy. This is a common condition caused by an allergy to inhaled allergens such as house dust, house dust mites and pollen grains. Atopica is often used as an alternative to steroid treatment to avoid the steroid side effects. Atopica works on the immune system to stop it reacting to the allergen. Atopy can be the cause of unpleasant symptoms such as constant itching, scratching and nibbling. If these are left untreated they will often continue for years, causing a significant reduction in quality of life. Atopica provides a dramatic improvement for most affected dogs and cats.
Atopica is best given on a completely empty stomach, so no food should be given for 2 hours before or after the Atopica capsules. Vomiting might sometimes occur. Once the symptoms of itching and scratching are under control, the dose can often be reduced and Atopica does not need to be given every day. Atopica is not suitable for very young animals. If skin infection is present as a complication of the atopic dermatitis, then this should be treated first.
- Do not use in animals with hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Do not use in animals with a history of malignant disorders or progressive malignant disorders.
- Do not vaccinate with a live vaccine during treatment or within a two-week interval before or after treatment.
- Do not use in cats infected with FeLV or FIV.
- Do not use in dogs less than six months of age or less than 2 kg in weight.