Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Equibactin Oral Paste contains a broad spectrum antibiotic (Trimethoprim Sulfadiazine) & can be given directly into your horse’s mouth, for accurate dosing.
Indications for use
- Treatment of infections in horses caused by bacteria sensitive to the combination of trimethoprim and sulfadiazine, particularly:
- Respiratory tract infections associated with Streptococcus spp. and Staphylococcus aureus;
- Gastrointestinal infections associated with E. coli;
- Urogenital infections associated with beta-hemolytic streptococci;
- Wound infections and open or drained abscesses associated with Streptococcus spp. and Staphylococcus aureus.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
One syringe is intended for 600 kg body weight and each syringe is subdivided into 12 markings.
The equivalent of one marking is sufficient to treat 50 kg of body weight and the minimum body weight for treatment is 50 kg.
Directions for use
- To ensure a correct dosage body weight should be determined as accurately as possible to avoid underdosing. The calculated dose is provided by adjusting the ring on the plunger according to the body weight of the horse.
- The paste is administered orally by inserting the nozzle of the syringe through the interdental space and depositing the required amount of paste on the back of the tongue. The animal’s mouth should be free of any food. Immediately after administration, elevate the head of the horse for a few seconds to ensure the dose is swallowed.
- Withdrawal periods
- Meat and offal: 14 days
- Not permitted for use in mares producing milk for human consumption.