Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Fortekor Flavour (Palatable) Tablets are indicated for use in dogs with congestive heart failure, and for use in cats with chronic renal insufficiency (chronic kidney disease).
In dogs with congestive heart failure, Fortekor helps by reducing the blood pressure and blood volume load on the heart.
In cats with chronic kidney disease, Fortekor works by reducing the glomerular blood pressure in the kidneys, which reduces the amount of protein in the urine and the urine protein to creatinine ratio (UPC).
- Fortekor is a medication which can be used on cats or dogs but for different ailments.
- For dogs it is a heart failure medication and in cats is used to treat kidney failure.
- Dogs that use the medication may have a significantly increased lifespan
- Cats will find they have an increased appetite and general quality of life.
- Fortekor works by improving and increasing blood flow throughout the body, essential in both heart and kidney problems.
Fortekor is a small tablet which can be administered on its own or with food for ease and is available in a number of strengths depending on the size of the animal.
- Cats may put on weight while using the drug but this is a positive side effect as they may have suffered weight loss with a kidney condition in the first place.
- Some dogs have suffered fatigue and mild dizziness but no stronger side effects have been noted in animals using the medication. There is a possibility of interaction with other drugs, so animals already on medication should be regularly monitored by a vet.
Fortekor is a prescription-only medication, which means a vet must write a prescription for it. However, it is possible to buy pet drugs online and Cura supplies discount pet medication.