Free Delivery on all orders over £39 *Exclusions Apply*
Opticlox Eye Ointment 16.7% is smooth sterile cream for ophthalmic use.
Each 5g syringe contains:
- 16.7% w/w Cloxacillin (as cloxacillin benzathine 21.3% w/w) In a long- acting base
- Cloxacillin Benzathine is a semi-synthetic penicillin derived from 6 amino-penicillanic acid.
For the treatment of eye infections caused by Staphylococcus spp., and Bacillus spp., in cattle, sheep, horses, dogs and cats.
Dosage & Administration
- For topical administration only.
- Evert the lower eyelid and instil a steady flow of ointment into the lower conjunctival sac.
Withdrawal period: Meat/milk – Nil.
Contraindictions, Warnings etc
Operator Warning – Penicillin/Cephalosporin Sensitivity:
Penicillins and cephalosporins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following injection, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Hypersensitivity to penicillins may lead to crossreactions to cephalosporins and vice versa. Allergic reactions to these substances may occasionally be serious.
1. Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitised or if you have been advised not to work with such preparations.
2. Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure, taking all recommended precautions.
3. If you develop symptoms following exposure such as a skin rash, you should seek medical advice and show the doctor this warning. Swelling of the face, lips or eyes or difficulty with breathing, are more serious symptoms and require urgent medical attention.
Wash hands after use.
Do not store above 25ºC. Each syringe should be used on one occasion only.
Unused ointment should be discarded after treatment.
For external use only.
Dispose of any unused product and empty containers in accordance with guidance from your local waste regulation authority.