Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Protexin CystoPro has been developed to encourage urinary tract health. Infections may occur when bacteria attach and multiply along the urinary tract. Protexin CystoPro contains an active ingredient derived from cranberries which is in a class of antioxidants called Proanthocyanidins (PACs). CystoPro also contains probiotics, prebiotics and N-acetyl D-glucosamine. Proteixin CystoPro combines 4 innovative ingredients and is chicken flavoured to increase effectiveness and palatability.
- Proanthocyanidins (Type A PACs) – Proanthocyanidins are naturally occurring powerful antioxidants extracted from the North American cranberry. Type A PACs have been shown to inhibit the ability of E.coli to attach to the urothelium, thereby preventing bacterial adherence, colonisation and infection
- Probiotic – The EU-registered strain Enterococcus faecium (NCIMB 10415) E1707 acts to reduce pathogenic bacteria within the gastrointestinal tract thereby reducing the risk of ascending UTIs of faecal origin
- Mannan-oligosaccharide – Created from purified yeast cell walls, Mannan-oligosaccharide (MOS), binds E.coli and upregulates the innate immune system by attracting phagocytes to opsonise the bacteria. MOS is commonly used as a prebiotic to support intestinal microflora
- N-acetyl D-glucosamine – N-acetyl D-glucosamine is a precursor to Chondroitin sulphate and Keratin sulphate which make up the Glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layer that lines and protects the sensitive bladder urothelium. A strong, resilient GAG layer prevents bacteria from adhering to the urothelial cells
- Artificial Chicken Flavour – To improve palatability and compliance
- Proanthocyanidins (20mg) (PACs) – the active ingredient in Cranberry
- N-acetyl D-glucosamine (125mg)
- Enterococcus faecium (NCIMB 10415) E1707 1 x 1011 CFU/kg
- Artificial chicken flavour
N-acetyl D-glucosamine, Mannan-oligosaccharide, Gelatin Capsule, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon), Magnesium stearate.
Enterococcus faecium (NCIMB 10415) E1707
1 x 108 CFU/g; 1 x 1011 CFU/kg
Directions for use
The capsules can be given whole or opened, and the palatable contents sprinkled onto food.
|Body Weight||Number of capsules per day|
Give for as long as considered necessary or as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
Check out our full range of protexin products here