Free Delivery on all orders over £39
Ventipulmin Granules are used for the treatment of respiratory disease in horses where airway obstruction due to bronchospasm and/or accumulation of mucus is a contributing factor.
Ventipulmin is a drug used to open the respiratory passages of horses and to help clear them of mucus. This can be beneficial in some allergic respiratory diseases, often associated with a cough, due to mould spores in hay and straw (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD). It is also useful in cases where infection of the respiratory tract is involved, such as equine influenza. Where bacterial infection is present, antibiotics can be used as well. Ventipulmin is available as Ventipulmin Granules or Ventipulmin Syrup to add to food. There is also a Ventipulmin Injection available.
In particular Ventipulmin is useful for
- Acute, sub-acute and chronic infections where the presence of mucus and/or micro-organisms may stimulate bronchospasm or cause airway obstruction and thus increase airway resistance. For example, bronchitis, bronchiolitis and bronchopneumonia alone, or associated with equine influenza and other viral respiratory diseases.
- Acute, sub-acute and chronic respiratory allergies.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
In cases accompanied by bacterial infection the administration of antimicrobial agents is recommended.
- This is a Schedule 4 Controlled Drug and as such is subject to additional prescription regulations
- A prescription for Ventipulmin is only valid for 28 days from the date written and any repeats must be obtained within the 28 days.
Check out our full range of horse supplements here